Catholic Answers Quick Questions

Friday, September 10, 2010

10 Days

I returned to the parish from my summer vacation just 10 days ago.  With the Labor Day holiday, there was even an extra ‘quiet’ day when the office was closed.

I have finally gotten through the stack of mail.

I think I’m up to speed on anything that ‘happened’ while I was gone.  A pretty bad roof leak in the Church is a major concern – luckily it doesn’t rain much in the desert.

I’m still getting lots of phone calls from folks who were waiting for my return in order to make appointments or settle ongoing items.

The school is in full swing – and this year we have two Sisters from the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Sr. Maria Frassati and Sr. Jude Andrew join the school.  YAY!  (Yes, the Order that was featured on the Oprah! show.)

Weddings and Quinceañeras are scheduled for most of the weekends from now through November.

But nothing compares to being back ‘home’ and offering the daily and weekend Masses for the parish of St. Gregory.  It is good to be home.