Catholic Answers Quick Questions

Monday, May 31, 2010

What’s out in the public . . . stays in public.

Last post on the whole Facebook privacy issue, but here’s a website to check out.

youropenbook.org

Using tools that Facebook provides to the world, you can do a search for any information you would like to see, and it scans through all of Facebook for that information.  Remember, this is the information about you that Facebook is making available to the public.

Search for “new cell number” to get a picture of a person and whether they actually posted their new number.  Stalker’s delight!

Search for “I hate my job” to see who might be next when an employer needs to lay someone off.

Search for “I cheated on my wife” or “I cheated on my husband” to see the sad state of marriage in our world.

Use the quotes in the search if you want that exact phrase.

And all this is public information about these folks.

I’m just sayin . . .